BlogLovin' Instagram Email Teachers Pay Teachers Pinterest Image Map

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mr & Mrs Potato Head Freebies!

As I explained in a previous post, Mr. Potato Head sets are great to use to introduce COMBINATIONS!

After using Spud Bud sets to introduce....
it's time to use Mr. & Mrs. Potato Heads to practice solving combinations!



Students cycle through the stations below creating tree diagrams
and checking their work using the counting principle....





Station 1: 9 combinations   Station 2: 27 combinations    Station 3: 60 combinations   Station 4: 72 combinations


To Create the Stations I purchased:
 2 sets of Spud Buds
1 set of Mr. Potato Head
1 set of Mrs. Potato Head
1 set of Mr. Potato Head extra pieces
1 set of Mrs. Potato Head extra pieces 

**Note: You can make the stations as easy or as difficult as you want depending on the number of options you allow. **

See, look at all the extra pieces I had (eyes, mouthes, earrings, glasses, noses, accessories...)!

Disclaimer: I do not grade behavior...this rubric was used more as a self-reflective assessment tool to communicate expectations to the students....I even had them fill out their own copy at the end of the activity.

2 comments:

Miss Angel said...

That is awesome. I wish I had a math teacher like you when I was a kid!

Kim said...

Hi Courtney:

This is such a good idea! I am going to collect the pieces and do this when we come back from break! Thanks for sharing!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...